Following are the steps to re-deploy the ext plugin in liferay.
- Stop the tomcat server.
- Delete the temporary data from the temp and work folder of tomcat server.
- Delete the following jar file from $TOMCAT_HOME/lib/ext
- Delete the following file from $TOMCAT_HOME/ROOT/WEB-INF/lib/
- Delete the following file from $TOMCAT_HOME/ROOT/WEB-INF
- Replace the $TOMCAT_HOME/ROOT/WEB-INF/web.xml file with the default web.xml file which comes with the liferay bundle. (I think this step is required when you are doing any modification in web.xml through the ext plugin.)
- Delete the ext-* plugin folder from the $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps directory.
- Deploy the ext-*.war file in the deploy directory.
- Start the tomcat server.
- Restart the tomcat server again.